I recently upgraded my workstation and, once again, had to change music players. Though this is just as well since Banshee’s 20 seconds of unresponsiveness after changing tracks was pretty intolerable. So now I tried Clementine. It seems like a reasonably good player, but on certain tracks I get this:
Presumably the tracks in question were MP3, but knowing the track/file name and the plugin it wanted would be most helpful in locating the exact plugin I need. After installing a whole bunch of packages with different codecs nothing changed.
In my youth I used to think that free software would ultimately be better quality. So much for that.